These flavors sing.
I threw this together with odds and ends I had in my fridge, expecting it to be bland, and it was anything but! The tang of the BBQ sauce and the zing of the cilantro complement each other perfectly. Having a garlic and herb wrap seemed to help, but you could do this in any kind of wrap or tortilla!
You will need:
- 1 wrap or tortilla
- A blend of equal parts BBQ sauce and mayo – mixing them together works best but don’t make TOO much since wraps only need about 2 Tablespoons of spread
- Pulled pork (any kind of pulled meat would work, I’m sure!)
- Some grated cheddar
- A handful of lettuce
- Slivered onion
- Some cilantro leaves, about a Tablespoon, sprinkled across the wrap’s contents
Roll it up and enjoy the party in your mouth!
I’m still figuring out how to do wraps. Veggies on the outside? Inside? I want the colors to be gorgeously distributed!!
Regardless of gorgeousness, this was yummy! You will need…
- A tortilla or wrap
- A couple Tablespoons of guacamole, spread across the tortilla
- A handful of crunchy lettuce
- Turkey cold cuts (I used one big slice and it was enough)
- Grated cheddar
- Two slices of bacon, torn into bits
- Red onion slivers
- Half a medium tomato, chopped
Throw all those things on the tortilla, wrap it up tightly, and enjoy!
Yum, the pretty!
I promise not all my sandwich recipes include fruit…but it’s SO yummy!
To make this wrap…
- Blend together mayo and cranberry mustard
- Slather on a whole wheat wrap
- Top with romaine,
- Sliced almonds or chopped pecans,
- Dried cranberries,
- Grated sharp cheddar,
- And a couple slices of ham
This experiment went deliciously right.
I had leftover chicken, and strawberries, and I didn’t want to simply combine them in a wrap like I might normally do. I wanted something NEW. Chicken salad! But what to use for the sauce? Mustard with strawberries would not fly.
I had maple syrup and lime juice. Maple-lime? I wasn’t sure if people did that…but I was doing it now!
And now my mouth is very happy for it.
To make 1-2 servings of this delightful springish salad…
First, blend these together in a small bowl:
- 2 large spoonfuls of mayo
- A generous drizzle of real maple syrup
- A teaspoon or so of lime juice
Second, combine all these ingredients:
- Half a chicken breast, chopped
- 4 medium strawberries, chopped
- About a tablespoon of minced red onion (go easy on the onion and add more if needed…too much red onion flavor is an easy way to ruin a sandwich!)
- A small handful of sliced or slivered almonds
Add as much of the sauce to the dry ingredients as needed, stir it all together, and adjust any ingredients to taste. Serve atop a green bed of lettuce on any sandwich or wrap, or even just wrap in a big lettuce leaf for a lettuce wrap. I perched mine atop romaine on a beautifully deformed bagel – so tasty. Enjoy!
This might be tasty with some fresh basil or cilantro in it…if you try it, let me know!
I’m still trying to figure out the best way to fill a wrap. Lettuce on the bottom? Meat on the bottom? I don’t think I quite have the knack yet, but this was pretty and delicious anyway!
- One large wheat wrap
- 1-2 Tablespoons of hummus for spread
- A big handful of spring greens
- 3 slices cold cuts, ham or turkey (I used both!)
- 3 slices of a smooth, basic cheese (I used Cooper, but mozzarella might be even better!)
- Slivered red onion
- About half a plum tomato, sliced or chopped
Roll all those up together and you have a yummy combination!
Well, my mouth is very happy right now. To make this heavenly combination, you will need:
- Wheat or white tortilla / wrap
- A spoonful mayonnaise mixed with a dollop of Dijon mustard and a drizzle of honey
- Herbed turkey cold cuts
- Grated cheddar
- Leaf of romaine lettuce
- One large cut strawberry
- Some slivers of red onion
- A small handful of sliced almonds
P.S. Hello, readers! I apologize for the long hiatus. I have a HUGE backlog of yummy sandwich creations to share with you…keep an eye out for sammichy goodness!