Bagel thins are practically wheat air. But they have their uses. They can be an interesting sandwich bread.
Maybe not the most attractive sandwich bread, but good!
To make this healthy beauty you will need:
- A bagel thin (wheat, preferably)
- A blend of mayo and Dijon mustard
- A few slices of roast beef
- Slice of dill Havarti or dill cheddar
- A little slivered onion
Put it all together and you have a tasty round sammich for a summer lunch. Enjoy!
This is one of those cases where the fancy bread MAKES the sandwich. The pretzel roll was dense but soft, and sweet, with a hint of buttery saltiness on the outside…so yummy. Here’s what I used:
- Pretzel roll
- A blend of mayo and yellow mustard
- A few slices of honey turkey
- Cooper cheese (or any sharp American…cheddar might be good too!)
- A few slices of tomato
- Slivered red onion
You really can’t go wrong with that combo!
These flavors sing.
I threw this together with odds and ends I had in my fridge, expecting it to be bland, and it was anything but! The tang of the BBQ sauce and the zing of the cilantro complement each other perfectly. Having a garlic and herb wrap seemed to help, but you could do this in any kind of wrap or tortilla!
You will need:
- 1 wrap or tortilla
- A blend of equal parts BBQ sauce and mayo – mixing them together works best but don’t make TOO much since wraps only need about 2 Tablespoons of spread
- Pulled pork (any kind of pulled meat would work, I’m sure!)
- Some grated cheddar
- A handful of lettuce
- Slivered onion
- Some cilantro leaves, about a Tablespoon, sprinkled across the wrap’s contents
Roll it up and enjoy the party in your mouth!
I’m still figuring out how to do wraps. Veggies on the outside? Inside? I want the colors to be gorgeously distributed!!
Regardless of gorgeousness, this was yummy! You will need…
- A tortilla or wrap
- A couple Tablespoons of guacamole, spread across the tortilla
- A handful of crunchy lettuce
- Turkey cold cuts (I used one big slice and it was enough)
- Grated cheddar
- Two slices of bacon, torn into bits
- Red onion slivers
- Half a medium tomato, chopped
Throw all those things on the tortilla, wrap it up tightly, and enjoy!
This savory panini is built on Italian bread, spread with mayo and pub-style Dijon mustard, and packed full of roasted herbed turkey. It’s layered with Monterey Jack, sweet pieces of sun-dried tomato, and a tiny sprinkling of fresh parsley. Perfect for a rainy day!
TO MAKE THIS PANINI YOU WILL NEED…
- Italian or other thick white bread (not sandwich-style bread)
- Herb turkey cold cuts
- Monterey Jack or other mild cheese
- Red onion
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Parsley (optional)
- Pub-style or Dijon mustard