Bagel thins are practically wheat air. But they have their uses. They can be an interesting sandwich bread.
Maybe not the most attractive sandwich bread, but good!
To make this healthy beauty you will need:
- A bagel thin (wheat, preferably)
- A blend of mayo and Dijon mustard
- A few slices of roast beef
- Slice of dill Havarti or dill cheddar
- A little slivered onion
Put it all together and you have a tasty round sammich for a summer lunch. Enjoy!
I love chicken salad. After I heaped some of the salad I made onto this sandwich, I ate the rest right out of the bowl.
To make two of these (or one sandwich and some extra salad to eat with a spoon whenever the craving strikes…) you will need:
- Sandwich bread
- Some torn Romaine lettuce
- Half a cooked chicken breast, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3-4 Tablespoons of mayo (add more if needed)
- 1 Tablespoon raspberry honey mustard – Dijon or regular would probably work just fine
- 1 Tablespoon sweet relish
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Two sticks celery, chopped
- Small handful of sliced almonds
- Big handful of dried cranberries
Blend all these in a bowl together and spoon over the lettuce on the bread. Yum!
Some sammiches I’ve seen that make my mouth water to try them! None of these are mine and I haven’t made them (YET) but you can go to the blog where I found them by clicking the image or the blog title in the caption above.
Turkey Apple Brie Panini from Nutmeg Nanny.
This chicken pesto wonderment from a blog called Damn Delicious.
Healthy cashew chicken salad lettuce wraps from Tried and Tasty.
Now, I don’t like spicy food, but this looks so good anyway!! Turkey-Brie Sandwich with Peaches and Arugula from Lemon Tree Dwelling.
I REALLY want to try making waffle sandwiches…using waffles for the bread! I got the idea from using pumpkin waffles for Thanksgiving sandwiches, but then I found this Huffington Post list of waffle sandwiches….yuuuuum! This one looked especially tasty, from a blog called A Beautiful Mess. Eggs, bacon and avocado on cheddar waffles!
Happy sandwich inspirations!