This is one of those cases where the fancy bread MAKES the sandwich. The pretzel roll was dense but soft, and sweet, with a hint of buttery saltiness on the outside…so yummy. Here’s what I used:
- Pretzel roll
- A blend of mayo and yellow mustard
- A few slices of honey turkey
- Cooper cheese (or any sharp American…cheddar might be good too!)
- A few slices of tomato
- Slivered red onion
You really can’t go wrong with that combo!
I’m still figuring out how to do wraps. Veggies on the outside? Inside? I want the colors to be gorgeously distributed!!
Regardless of gorgeousness, this was yummy! You will need…
- A tortilla or wrap
- A couple Tablespoons of guacamole, spread across the tortilla
- A handful of crunchy lettuce
- Turkey cold cuts (I used one big slice and it was enough)
- Grated cheddar
- Two slices of bacon, torn into bits
- Red onion slivers
- Half a medium tomato, chopped
Throw all those things on the tortilla, wrap it up tightly, and enjoy!
I’m still trying to figure out the best way to fill a wrap. Lettuce on the bottom? Meat on the bottom? I don’t think I quite have the knack yet, but this was pretty and delicious anyway!
- One large wheat wrap
- 1-2 Tablespoons of hummus for spread
- A big handful of spring greens
- 3 slices cold cuts, ham or turkey (I used both!)
- 3 slices of a smooth, basic cheese (I used Cooper, but mozzarella might be even better!)
- Slivered red onion
- About half a plum tomato, sliced or chopped
Roll all those up together and you have a yummy combination!
Well, my mouth is very happy right now. To make this heavenly combination, you will need:
- Wheat or white tortilla / wrap
- A spoonful mayonnaise mixed with a dollop of Dijon mustard and a drizzle of honey
- Herbed turkey cold cuts
- Grated cheddar
- Leaf of romaine lettuce
- One large cut strawberry
- Some slivers of red onion
- A small handful of sliced almonds
P.S. Hello, readers! I apologize for the long hiatus. I have a HUGE backlog of yummy sandwich creations to share with you…keep an eye out for sammichy goodness!
When my siblings and I were young, we used to pretend that mandarin orange slices were slugs.
Pretend I never said that.
This wrap is basically a salad (shhh), put in a tortilla on top of a couple slices of smoked turkey. It made for a yummy lunch! It would be tasty as a lettuce wrap too – just put the lettuce on the outside instead of the tortilla. To make it as shown, you will need:
1. A tortilla or wrap
2. Turkey cold cuts
3. Some romaine lettuce
4. A few mandarin orange slices (I used canned, but you could peel and segment a whole fresh mandarin orange, too)
5. Some slivers of red onion…err on the skimpy side for this
6. Some sliced almonds, if you want
7. A drizzle of poppyseed dressing
Roll it up and crunch away! Now I want to make a lettuce wrap version. But all my
slugs oranges are gone…boo. 😉
My apologizes for the unattractive food photo…it may not look drop-dead gorgeous, but it sure tasted good! To make this yummy autumnal combo you will need:
1. Good-quality sandwich bread (actually I’d recommend some simple focaccia or ciabatta, but sandwich bread worked in a pinch!)
2. Mayonnaise and a little maple mustard, blended
3. Turkey cold cuts
4. Slices of sharp cheddar
5. A pinch of fresh thyme
6. Thinly sliced apple
Remember to butter the outside of your bread if you are going to grill it in a panini press!
I’m on a roll lately with my sandwich-making! It’s the best when there are random sandwich fixings lying around the house. It gets veeeery hard for me to simply heat up leftovers when I have bread, meat, and other tasty items that I could easily turn into a sammich!
This one is a flavor bomb. Italian white bread slathered in pesto mayo, with turkey, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, and red onion. It’s sort of like a caprese sandwich, but with a couple of twists that make it extra flavorful.
TO MAKE THIS YOU WILL NEED…
- White Italian bread
- Pesto mayonnaise (in a pinch, some chopped fresh basil, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese mixed into mayonnaise will give the right flavor for this!)
- Sliced turkey
- Mozzarella cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes (or sliced regular tomato!)
- Sliced red onion