This is one of those cases where the fancy bread MAKES the sandwich. The pretzel roll was dense but soft, and sweet, with a hint of buttery saltiness on the outside…so yummy. Here’s what I used:
- Pretzel roll
- A blend of mayo and yellow mustard
- A few slices of honey turkey
- Cooper cheese (or any sharp American…cheddar might be good too!)
- A few slices of tomato
- Slivered red onion
You really can’t go wrong with that combo!
This had an amazing flavor profile.
(That sounds so sophisticated and chef-like, and makes me feel like I’m on Food Network Star.) 😉
The sourdough was a perfect bread to complement the subtle BBQ flavor and the fresh veggies. I loved it.
To make this yummy creation, you will need:
- Sourdough bread, sliced
- BBQ sauce (I blended mine with half mayo, for creaminess, but you can just use BBQ sauce if you’re so inclined)
- Shredded or chopped chicken
- Cheddar slices
- A couple slices of juicy tomato (make ’em thick!)
- Some slivered onion of any kind
This might make a tasty panini, too!
This sandwich is very fresh!
I thought as I was making it, “This needs a tomato!” But I was all out. So I stuck some thinly sliced cucumber in there instead, and completely forgot the lettuce because it was so tasty and fresh!
Here’s what you need:
- Ciabatta or focaccia bread, sliced lengthwise
- A mixture of equal parts mayo and pesto, slathered liberally on the bread
- Some chopped chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken, but grilled would have been even better!)
- Slices of mozzarella cheese, as thick or thin as you like
- Lettuce, if you’re smart (don’t be like me)
- Cucumber slices, thin
- Slivered red onion
- Tomato, if you have some, unlike me
Layer it all on in that order, and you have a tasty, fresh sandwich with a little crunch and a little zing. Enjoy!
Some sammiches I’ve seen that make my mouth water to try them! None of these are mine and I haven’t made them (YET) but you can go to the blog where I found them by clicking the image or the blog title in the caption above.
Turkey Apple Brie Panini from Nutmeg Nanny.
This chicken pesto wonderment from a blog called Damn Delicious.
Healthy cashew chicken salad lettuce wraps from Tried and Tasty.
Now, I don’t like spicy food, but this looks so good anyway!! Turkey-Brie Sandwich with Peaches and Arugula from Lemon Tree Dwelling.
I REALLY want to try making waffle sandwiches…using waffles for the bread! I got the idea from using pumpkin waffles for Thanksgiving sandwiches, but then I found this Huffington Post list of waffle sandwiches….yuuuuum! This one looked especially tasty, from a blog called A Beautiful Mess. Eggs, bacon and avocado on cheddar waffles!
Happy sandwich inspirations!