This sandwich is very fresh!
Here’s what you need:
- Ciabatta or focaccia bread, sliced lengthwise
- A mixture of equal parts mayo and pesto, slathered liberally on the bread
- Some chopped chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken, but grilled would have been even better!)
- Slices of mozzarella cheese, as thick or thin as you like
- Lettuce, if you’re smart (don’t be like me)
- Cucumber slices, thin
- Slivered red onion
- Tomato, if you have some, unlike me
Layer it all on in that order, and you have a tasty, fresh sandwich with a little crunch and a little zing. Enjoy!